Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Toast, Boast, Oath

Anticipating a busy-ish weekend, so BTO (Boast, Toast, Oath.. not to be confused with Bachman Turner Overdrive) will be a few days early this month! Go me!

Boast – This is proving to be the hardest one, lemme tell ya. But I am pretty psyched that I was able to get my hands on Book one of the Discworld series (by Terry Pratchett) and READ IT. I think I am up to five books read now this year. I know that seems paltry compared to a lot of you, but this is EPIC in my world. That is more than one novel down a month!! W00T! Not just a hat rack my friends ;)

Toast – Here’s to making new friends, and not pissing them off. I know that sounds odd… but if you haven’t guessed I’m rather abrasive at times, and generally speaking we should know each other a good while before drinking together because I have zero filter and seem to love to tell the brutal truth about everything. Including my own failings. So it’s nice when things work out and you meet people that are similar to you (or totally relaxed) and understand that you being a sarcastic bitch is just part of who you are. :D

Oath – I will read another book this month. I have two books at the moment to choose from, and I think my leetle brother is going to download some e-novels in my computer over the weekend so I may have a whole new book in mind to read. But I would like to keep up with my trend here not only because I love to read (forget calgon taking you away, a book is so much more effective!) but also I think it’s important to keep your mind busy, and books do that rather well.


6 comments:

Paladin said...

Yay on the Discworld acquisition!

I love that series so much. I've often wished that I had kept all my old paperbacks. I would have mailed them to you. I'll probably eventually download some of my favorites from the series to the Kindle so I can read them again.

Xmichra said...

Paladin - I have waited so long for book one!!! Hubs got it for me @ xmas (but I had a few other books to read first). I really enjoyed it, once I got into his style. A few times I had to think about what was being written and just go with it (it makes sense as a joke in the end most of the time) but I wasn't used to reading train-of-thought writting. So it was pretty cool!

coopernicus said...

Abrasive??? Nahhhhh. Don't believe it...

Deb said...

I love that you have zero filters lol!!! I'm the same way sometimes and it's nice to have someone around that can share that kind of uncensored chatter. So cheers to you and also, cheers to reading more! :)

Xmichra said...

coops - I know, it's hard to imagine given my pleasant fascade. lol...

Deb - It's nice to be able to just relax and not worry about pissing people off. I think sometimes people are just too... serious. And I am just so... not. lol....

tony said...

Enjoy Mr Pratchett!